12 Key Ways You Can Improve Your Communication Skills Today!
(Works for normal relationships and also professionals ones too!)
1. When you speak it’s only 2–5% of you. If you mess up, it doesn’t mean you are an entire failure it just means that you weren’t perfect in speaking and others see it as a small fraction of who you are fully. So don’t think you are a failure. Correct yourself and keep going.
2. Everyone wants you to succeed. Most people don’t want to see you fail when you speak to them or in public speaking. Remember that. They are rooting for you. Most people are not judging you.
3. Others are looking to receive any sort of value from you. They need you to state your value to them so they can learn and grow. Remember that. Focus on the value you offer others. They will appreciate you and your communication to them.
4. Use your breath to calm you before you speak. Take deep breaths and inhale by allowing your stomach to expand on breaths in, and your stomach to compress on breaths out.
5. It’s easier to speak when we take care of our bodies. Limit caffeine intake and exercise and eat healthy. When it comes time to speak, your body will naturally ground you in feelings of wellness and balance.
6. Practice speaking what you want to say until you feel confident in what you want to say. Practice can make all the jitters disappear in time if you put in the time and work to practice. This is very important.
7. Replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts. When you find yourself thinking you will fail replace them with visions of yourself succeeding. Do this until the new visions displace the failure ones.
8. Remember that all others listening to you are human like you. They are also not perfect. We are all the same with different talents. Use your talents to help fellow humans learn from you. Humanize others.
9. Have a willing spirit to communicate and to make it through your communication. Keep going. Even if you mess up, just get back on track, it’s ok. No one cares.
10. Don’t focus on the end result, focus on what you want to say step by step until you reach the end. You will follow the process in this way and succeed.
11. Accept yourself for all feelings and don’t be hard on yourself. You will make it through and you have a lot to offer others. Remember that.
12. Don’t take yourself so seriously. Enjoy you and know you see yourself more seriously than others do. Trust me.
If you have any questions you can contact me below at anytime.
Thank you, Tarek
@positivetarek (Twitter handle)